A SEPTA accident lawyer can assist injury victims in the Philadelphia PA area by helping them to win financial compensation for any damages they may have experienced. Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) operates around 120 bus routes throughout the state, but particularly in Philadelphia. Every year, accidents occur that involve a SEPTA commercial bus and serious injuries as well as fatalities result. Though not every accident is the fault of SEPTA or their drivers, many can be traced back to driver or company negligence or recklessness. As a SEPTA accident lawyer in Philadelphia, PA, from a law office like Wieand Law Firm, LLC, can explain, when an injury victim attempts to recover their damages from SEPTA, they face the real possibility of pushback – making it all the more important to get in touch with the best legal resource you can find.
SEPTA Accident Lawyers: Protecting the Rights of Victims
SEPTA has an enormous budget and a team of lawyers to protect them if a citizen is injured as a direct result of the agency’s negligence. The average person has very little power or influence to successfully recover their damages, particularly if their injuries are serious and costly to treat. Furthermore, when persons suffer fatal injuries, their surviving family members are immediately thrust into the same vulnerable position. The right SEPTA accident lawyer in Philadelphia PA should be a seasoned legal professional who has the experience necessary to successfully obtain settlements for their clients. If you or your loved one suffered an egregious injury, an aggressive and skilled SEPTA accident lawyer in Philadelphia PA will offer you the best chance for a positive outcome. If you suffered an injury because of SEPTA, discuss your case with a SEPTA accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Causes of SEPTA Accidents in Philadelphia PA
Accidents involving SEPTA commercial buses can occur in nearly any way possible, but some scenarios are more common than others. A SEPTA accident lawyer in Philadelphia PA can represent you regardless of the exact circumstances, so do not hesitate to contact one even if your accident is not included in this list of common causes:
· A SEPTA bus driver recklessly speeds and loses control of the vehicle, causing a crash and injuring the occupants.
· A SEPTA bus driver is careless and does not see a pedestrian or a passenger vehicle, crashes into them and causes severe or fatal injuries.
· A SEPTA bus driver is negligent and runs through a stoplight or stop sign, injuring occupants of other vehicles, motorcyclists, bike riders, or pedestrians.
· SEPTA is negligent by not ensuring the public transportation vehicles in their fleet are appropriately maintained and serviced. As a result, a vehicle malfunctions in such a way as to cause the driver to lose control, resulting in an accident with injuries.
· SEPTA is negligent by not providing adequate training to their employees, performing thorough background checks on prospective employees, or properly disciplining drivers who are negligent.
Contact a Philadelphia PA SEPTA Lawyer You Can Trust
If you or a family member was severely injured, or you lost a loved one in an accident involving a SEPTA vehicle, contact a qualified SEPTA accident lawyer in Philadelphia PA lawyer to discuss your case.